Turangi Volcanic Explorer Scenic Flight
Tongariro National Park is a World Heritage Site and the second oldest National Park in the world, covering an area of outstanding natural beauty and frequent geothermal activity. Soaring over the peaks of Tongariro and Ngauruhoe offers views into an unseen world of beautiful mountaintop lakes, lava flows and live volcanic craters. Your exceptional experience includes a 45-minute flight over the entire park with informative commentary and amazing photo opportunities no matter what the season. This pristine environment includes the classic shape of Ngauruhoe, ‘Mount Doom’ in The Lord of the Rings, and the world famous Tongariro Crossing, which you’ll be able to enjoy from the comfort of your fixed-wing without tramping boots or frostbite!
- This experience includes a Turangi Volcanic Explorer scenic flight for one person
- Minimum of two passengers required, but if you are on your own, we will strive to seat you on an existing flight
- Maximum passenger weight is 130kg
- All flights are weather dependent
- Cancellations are accepted, just let us know in advance
- Flights depart from Turangi Airport
- Bookings essential
Your gift recipient will receive all the necessary in their gift box to enable them to book directly with their chosen experience provider.
They will have 12 months in which to redeem their gift card for this awesome experience.