Kaituna River Sledging Trip with River Rats
Get your adrenalin fix on Rotorua’s famous Kaituna River, with this hardcore,immersive experience. Enjoy the scenery, culture and history of this famous river with friendly, professional guides. You’re in total control of your own purpose-built sledge; manoeuvred by flippers on your feet. Seeing the river at eye level while lying on a board kicking with flippers is not for the faint hearted and will push your ‘Bear Grylls’ buttons – best for strong, fit swimmers. If you can sprint 100 metres and recover reasonably quickly, you’re ready to take this on, including the 10-minute walk carrying your sledge to below the Kaituna waterfall. River Rats Raft & Kayak prides itself on a ‘safety first’ culture and was the first rafting company in New Zealand to be awarded the Qualmark Enviro Gold Award.
- This experience includes a Kaituna River sledging trip for one person
- Please allow 2 hours including 45 minutes on the water for this experience (excluding travel time)
- Full training and specialist equipment provided
- Complimentary pick up from central Rotorua about 30 minutes before trip time
- Bring a swimsuit and towel
- Suitable for ages 13 and over (conditions apply)
- Bookings are essential and are subject to availability
Your gift recipient will receive all the necessary in their gift box to enable them to book directly with their chosen experience provider.
They will have 12 months in which to redeem their gift card for this awesome experience.